West Seattle Blog… | Subject: Machine operator and warehouse work in a local fabric company
Machine operator and warehouse work:
Clothworks is currently looking for a hardworking, reliable and energetic individual to work in a production environment.
This position involves receiving fabric, folding rolls of fabric onto bolts using a rewinder, sorting, labeling, checking inventory, restocking and neatly stacking bolts in the warehouse. Must have good organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
About YOU: You get things done, like to be busy, and want to be part of a growing small business.
Clothworks is a Seattle-based manufacturer of fine quilted cotton, including our exclusive American brand cotton solids – not just made here, grown here! We sell our fabrics to independent quilt shops nationwide and to distributors internationally.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
• Previous production work and machine operation experience is preferred, but we are happy to train
• Ability to operate basic manufacturing machinery, preferably forklift experience
• Able to read and interpret work orders and adjust machinery and materials accordingly
• Able to accurately perform basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
• Ability to stand for long periods and perform repetitive motion type work
• Capable of lifting 75 pounds of product
• Good physical coordination (eye/hand)
• Self-motivated, sense of urgency, quick learner
• High attention to detail to ensure work accuracy and meet quality control standards
• Ability to work in a team and individually.
• Your own preferred means of transport – free parking!
Please Note: We are a fragrance-free warehouse/office and provide fragrance-free laundry detergent as a company benefit.
Benefits – Medical insurance, vacation, sick days, personal days, long and short term disability, free parking and laundry detergent.
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment.
Salaries vary according to experience and skills. The starting hourly wage range is $17.00 to $20.00.
Please paste your CV in an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org